How to remove Mandrake Galaxy Theming for all users and all new users.
To remove Mandrake Galaxy Auto Themeing System wide for Mandrake 10.0
I hated Mandrake Galaxy as much as I hated BlueCurve. I finally snapped and figured out how to remove that offensive theme
This is a very Delicate operation so you must be careful.
1. Remove all intances of the Star icon with
rm -f `locate menuk-mdk.png`
This will revert the star back to the Default K-Cog icon. Don't worry about replacing it with another picture unless you want too.
2. Next, Log in to KDE, arrange the theme and wallpaper you want, being sure that you do ensure to close the Mandrake Galaxy registration wizard so that mandrakegalaxyrc is set to true.
After you have the theme exactly the way you want it (Becareful here!)
copy /home/<username>/.kde/share/config/ to /usr/share/config
(I usually use the Keramik theme)
3. Set up Desktop Icons the way you want your users to see them, then copy them over to
Be sure you empty the contents of that directory first because of that stupid Welcome.desktop icon.
4. Remove all /home/<username>/.kde/share/config directories except your template. Do the same for /home/<username>/Desktop
5. Enter Mandrake Control Center and change Mdkkdm to regular KDM and configure the KDE Login manager with the desired wallpaper and settings.
Congratulations! You now have a custom or stock KDE with no Mandrake Galaxy! All new users will start with the theme you have setup.
Have multiple systems? Just rsync -avPe ssh /usr/share/config and /usr/share/apps/kdesktop/DesktopLinks/. Delete the /home/<username>/.kde/share/config and /home/<username>/Desktop There you are.
Only thing is, this doesn't replicate KDM's settings. I don't know where those files are.:jawa:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.|