Fonts don't work properly since upgrade to 10.1
I upgraded Mandrake 10 to 10.1, and so far I'm almost entire satisfied except for one problem... My fonts no longer work properly. I had installed all of my Windows fonts, and things displayed fine on 10, but since the upgrade I'm back to using the default fonts.
The fonts are definitely installed, I can select and use them in programs like OpenOffice and The Gimp. However, they aren't automatically detected and used in any web browser (Mozilla, Firefox, Konqueror, Opera), GAIM, etc. Here's the things I've done so far in attempt to get them to work:
Removed and reinstalled the fonts
Added fontpaths in XF86Config that pointed to each of my font folders
Enabled freetype fonts in unix.js, added individual font paths in that
Made sure that "freetype" was in the XF86Config
Reinstalled Mozilla, installed FireFox and Opera, no luck
A handful of other things I don't remember...
I'm still struggling with this after trying a few more things. I've made sure permissions were set right, tried copying the fonts to the same location of other fonts that were being autodetected... recreated font.scale and font.dir files, nothing of any success. It's not that the default fonts are that bad, they're just not right and it's seriously angering me. Grr....
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.|