MandrivaThis Forum is for the discussion of Mandriva (Mandrake) Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I have never faced this problem with mandrake. (I have installed Mandrake many times without problems like these.) All my Mandrake 10.1 Official Cds MD5 Sum Checked.
So, it is not the CDs for sure that are causing trouble.
Your problem usually can be resolved by updating your urpmi/software sources and then trying to install the package again. A package that conflicts with another will not be installed because it will overwrite files from the other package so if thats the case updating your sources may not help with that particular probem.
While installing some files, Mandrake stopped responding and MCC freezed completely.
Oh yeah, I remember, I was installing all the compression packages .
When i realised that they aren't installed properly, i tried to remove them.
But, they couldn't be removed too.
Now my Ark has disappeared.
Moreover, when i installed Samba, I couldn't see an ICON in the Start Menu.(I can't still see it)
Do "urpmi.update -a" and then try reinstalling the software. What may have happened is that the server that you are using may have timed out and urpmi/rpmdrake just froze, so you may wish to add more mirrors or use different ones.