Changing physical location of directories
OK, I know in Linux the filesystem is viewed as all one filesystem, but different directories can reside on different disks.
I have two physical disks in my system, one a 10GB IDE drive that is about 60% Win2K and about 40% Linux. The Linux portion is mounted as root. (/).
The other disk is a 10GB SCSI drive, about 40% FAT32 that I share between the two systems, the other 60% Journalized with /home, /var, and swap partitions.
I've noticed that as I become more and more application hungry my IDE drive is getting filled up while my SCSI drive is largely empty.
What I'd like to do is move my /home directory to my IDE drive and move my /usr directory to the SCSI drive. That will balance everything out better and give me room to grow on both disks.
First of all, is this possible, and second of all, how would I go about doing it?