MandrivaThis Forum is for the discussion of Mandriva (Mandrake) Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Problem: the print jobs sent to my printers (no matter which printer I send to: HP 8000 series or Cannon Photo-printer) are always A4 even though I set the default paper size to letter.
I have a fresh install of MDK9.2 and here is the problem description:
- Desktop is KDE
- Country/Region is set to Canada (English) and paper size is indicated as US Letter
- I used drakconf to setup the printers and specified 'letter' as the default paper size.
- When I send the print jobs (through kprinter), I verified that paper size is set to 'letter' (which is available through Tray 2).
- I tried setting paper source to 'Tray 2' and also tried 'Auto'.
- But the printer ALWAYS want me to insert A4 paper in Tray 1 !!
- IMPORTANT: I had these printers happily printing under MDK 9.1
- The test page sent during the printer setup process (in drakconf) works fine and comes through in the 'letter' size paper. Note that this paper size can be explicitly selected in the type of test page generated.