LQ Suggestions & FeedbackDo you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.
PLEASE READ THIS FORUM - Information and status updates will also be posted here.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Distribution: Debian, Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, Ubuntu
Weekly LinuxQuestions.org contest
Starting this week we will be having a weekly LinuxQuestions.org contest, sponsored by Affero. As you probably noticed there is an Affero button under every post. You can use this button to donate to many great causes on behalf of the member who made the post.
The contest will have two weekly winners:
- individuals that are the top volunteer for the week (one who's help inspires a the most donations).
- individuals that are the top patron for the week (one who says thanks by giving the most).
Prizes currently available are Mandrake 9.0/8.2 or an RMS autographed copy of "Free Software, Free Society: Selected Essays of Richard M. Stallman" but I am waiting to hear on Red Hat 8.0, Star Office 6.0, and other items I hope to add to the inventory.
To participate in the contest you need to follow the following two simple steps:
- join Affero here
- add your Affero username to your LinuxQuestions.org profile.
- Winners are ineligible to participate in the contest for 60-days after they have won.
- Winners send their prize selection and shipping address to email@example.com.
I'm a little confused. If I give 100 GBP thru affero to say acid kewpie's nominated charity to reward his firm yet understanding help to a newb asking about accessing his windows partition, the RMS book's mine ?