LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   LQ Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/lq-suggestions-and-feedback-7/)
-   -   Mageia (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/lq-suggestions-and-feedback-7/mageia-901168/)

mecelec415 09-05-2011 01:52 AM

Mageia
 
Where Do Mageia Questions go now, the fork has forked .I ve gone with magiea. Just wondering if theres a Magiea forum Ive missed.

unSpawn 09-05-2011 10:31 AM

Moved: This thread is more suitable in LQSF and has been moved accordingly to help your thread/question get the exposure it deserves.

AFAIK having a dedicated distribution forum at LQ depends on the distribution officially selecting the one at LQ as their main forum, having regular support and appearance by official distribution developers, moderators, community managers or whatnot (and users that actually use the distribution). To get the ball rolling Mageia has to make the first move.

XavierP 09-05-2011 03:27 PM

Just to expand on what unSpawn said: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...distro-513876/

archtoad6 09-07-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unSpawn (Post 4462070)
AFAIK having a dedicated distribution forum at LQ depends on the distribution officially selecting the one at LQ as their main forum, having regular support and appearance by official distribution developers, moderators, community managers or whatnot (and users that actually use the distribution). To get the ball rolling Mageia has to make the first move.

I don't think (i.e, IIRC) the "officially selecting the one at LQ as their main forum," part is not correct -- look at MEPIS or Red Hat -- but I think the rest is, especially the part about Mageia making the first move.

unSpawn 09-07-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archtoad6 (Post 4464016)
I don't think (i.e, IIRC) the "officially selecting the one at LQ as their main forum," part is not correct

Heh, watch it with those double negatives ;-p but anyway from reading the maaaaarvellous mans link it seems you're not wrong :-]

XavierP 09-07-2011 03:05 PM

Most of my writings should be stored somewhere for future generations.

archtoad6 09-08-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unSpawn (Post 4464035)
Heh, watch it with those double negatives ;-p but anyway from reading the maaaaarvellous mans link it seems you're not wrong :-]

I added that extra "not" as an afterthought, seems that that was a mistake -- fixed.

Edit: Chrome does not render the crossed out "not" correctly -- there's no red -- Konqueror & Firefox do get it right!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.