LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   LQ Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/lq-suggestions-and-feedback-7/)
-   -   Linuxquestions.org (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/lq-suggestions-and-feedback-7/linuxquestions-org-273362/)

bullium 01-03-2005 01:25 PM

Linuxquestions.org
 
I tried looking around the site to find this answer but had no luck. I'm sure it has been asked before, so sorry if it has :).

What hardware does Linuxquestons.org run on?
CPU?
RAM?
HARD DRIVE SPACE?

What distro of Linux is it running on?


Thanks to anyone who knows the correct answer.

masand 01-03-2005 01:32 PM

as far as distro is concerned i think it is RHEL

XavierP 01-03-2005 01:38 PM

Moved: This thread is more suitable in Website Feedback and Suggestions and has been moved accordingly to help your thread/question get the exposure it deserves.

trickykid 01-03-2005 02:35 PM

Re: Linuxquestions.org
 
Quote:

Originally posted by bullium
I tried looking around the site to find this answer but had no luck. I'm sure it has been asked before, so sorry if it has :).

What hardware does Linuxquestons.org run on?
CPU?
RAM?
HARD DRIVE SPACE?

What distro of Linux is it running on?


Thanks to anyone who knows the correct answer.

It does use Redhat and well, its on many machines with mirrored sites with it.. providing any specific details would have to come from Jeremy if he wants to share this info.

bullium 01-03-2005 02:44 PM

Re: Re: Linuxquestions.org
 
Quote:

Originally posted by trickykid
It does use Redhat and well, its on many machines with mirrored sites with it.. providing any specific details would have to come from Jeremy if he wants to share this info.
Thanks for the info, I wouldn't mind hearing it from Jeremy. I read some posts about how they were wanting to upgrade the hardware, just wondering what they wanted to upgrade from.

trickykid 01-03-2005 03:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Linuxquestions.org
 
Quote:

Originally posted by bullium
Thanks for the info, I wouldn't mind hearing it from Jeremy. I read some posts about how they were wanting to upgrade the hardware, just wondering what they wanted to upgrade from.
Well to give you an idea of one of the servers that was donated to us from ASL, its a lancelot series 1U which you can see here: http://www.aslab.com/products/rackmount/1uservers.html

Can't remember the exact model that was donated but that should give you an idea. One of the others is a Penguin box I do believe.

bullium 01-03-2005 03:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Linuxquestions.org
 
Quote:

Originally posted by trickykid
Well to give you an idea of one of the servers that was donated to us from ASL, its a lancelot series 1U which you can see here: http://www.aslab.com/products/rackmount/1uservers.html

Can't remember the exact model that was donated but that should give you an idea. One of the others is a Penguin box I do believe.

Thanks for the reply...Looks like it could be a really nice rig. Red Hat seems to run smoothly on them :).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.