Title: Production Engineer
Locations: Santa Clara, CA (Must be willing to relocate)
This is a full time position.
• Have a passion for solving technical problems, from the network to the application stack?
• Want to write applications that provide infrastructure for deploying software to, manage, and maintain many thousands of servers?
• Envision the ability to work with large scale systems which require performing almost no tasks manually?
• Spend time trying to figure out how something works, not stopping with knowing just that it does?
• Want to make real web applications and back-end systems faster, more reliable, more efficient?
Production Engineers at Yahoo! thrive on the scale and mission-critical nature of our complex search and advertising systems as well as the challenge that comes along with their operation. In this critical role, you'll utilize your rare combination of significant UNIX systems experience, network knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and coding sensibilities to design, deploy, monitor, and automate all operational aspects of Yahoo!'s revenue-critical search and advertising platforms. The ideal candidate is a technical generalist with skills ranging from production systems/network management to software development.
• Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of our search and ad serving platforms
• Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale Linux environment
• Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design
• Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally improve the operability of our systems
• Assist in the configuration/build-out of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth
• Participate in a 12x7 (daylight hours) on-call pager rotation
Minimum Job Qualifications
• Extensive system administration background
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability
• Strong programming skills in one or more of: C, Perl, Python, Ruby
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with development teams
Preferred Job Qualifications
• 5+ years experience with Linux (RHEL a plus)
• 5+ years experience administering large-scale UNIX installations (ISP background a plus)
• Experience with SQL and commonly deployed database systems
• BS Computer Science
Please email me directly at: email@example.com
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.