Web Developer - Lake Mary, FL
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet/intranet applications; working closely with team of developers. The successful applicant will be proficient in Perl and PHP, having at least two years of professional programming experience. Knowledge of other programming/scripting languages would be advantageous. The applicant will need a solid working knowledge of the Linux/Unix CLI, shell scripting, common utilities, etc. Working knowledge of server software such as Apache, MySQL, etc. is required.
* Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
* Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
* Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
* Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
* Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
* Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
* Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
* Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Software Requirements, Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging, Technical Leadership, Written Communication
The position is largely work-at-home and applicant should have access to a broadband Internet connection and necessary work environment. Company is a local firm and applicant should be within easy driving distance to Lake Mary, FL for project and scheduled staff meetings. Hours are flexible, but the successful applicant must have superb time-management skills and be able to work independently.
Company is a successful, privately-owned dotcom, headquartered in Central Florida and has been in business for eight years. The successful applicant will become a member of a team of experienced programmers in a fast-paced environment and will have the opportunity to be exposed to the state-of-the art in OSS/FS software and technology.
Please submit your resume and a list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax your resume to 407-805-9926, attention IT Department.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.|