Starcrest Products is a national mail order company located in Perris, California, about 70 miles from Los Angeles. We are a privately owned company looking for someone to work at this, our only location. This is a regular, full-time position. Medical, dental, vision, 401k available. Other benefits offered as well.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing
justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to
audience, and interacting positively with upper management.
- Experience in programming and scripting in administrative languages (bash,
ksh, C, Perl, Python).
- Knowledge and experience with most aspects of Linux systems
administration; for example,
operating system installation, printing systems, security, backup
open source software installation.
- A solid understanding of Linux operating systems; understands paging and
inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file
types and concepts.
- A strong working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols. Can configure services
such as DNS, NFS, SSH,
Samba, and sockets. Ability to work with related equipment including
firewalls and routers. Experience installing and maintaining the network
cabling in use at the site.
- Experience with and knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such
as web, email, and DNS servers;
PHP, CGI, sub-domains, HTML.
- Familiarity with system and network monitoring methods (SNMP, Nagios,
- Ability to inter-network Linux/UNIX and other operating systems.
- Independent problem solving; self-direction.
- Three years' Linux systems administration experience, preferably Red Hat or
CentOS Linux. Will consider an entry level person with less than this experience.
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
- Significant programming background in any applicable language.
- Experience with UNIDATA and UNIBASIC.
- Experience with multiple UNIX-based operating systems (HP/UX, Solaris,
- Experience with non-UNIX operating systems (Windows 2000/NT, Windows XP,
Windows 98, MS-DOS).
Please send your resume or request an application packet at email@example.com
or write to Cindy Whitaker, firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Human Resources Manager
3660 Brennan Ave.
Perris, CA 92571