GUBA(guba.com) is a small (20 person), profitable company looking for an extremely talented Systems Administrator to join our team and help manage our technical infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience (8+ years) managing and maintaining a large rollout of Linux servers (We have over 120+)
You'll need extreme familiarity running and maintaining Open Source tools and applications. You’ll have excellent trouble-shooting skills, the ability to prioritize on the fly, and can ‘fight fires’ without losing your cool.
You will manage and maintain all of the machines in our co-location facility as well as our development and staging environments. You will be on-call.
Still sound interesting?
Here are the details:
- Responsible for configuring, implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining our various development and production environments. This includes all servers, routers, switches and storage repositories.
- Develop scripts to monitor the health of our network, servers and applications
- Perform scalability/capacity planning to support business growth
- Participate in technical reviews and close the loop with our developers to help with design recommendations to software and hardware projects.
- 8+ years of experience in Systems / Network Administration
- Strong experience with Linux (Debian preferred)
- Strong understanding of Open Source Tools including Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, and mod_perl.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining network-monitoring tools including Nagios, Cacti, and daemontools, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing automated system install and configuration tools including fai and cfengine2.
- Strong Experience with designing and implementing very large data stores up to high multi-Terrabyte solutions.
- Hands on experience with building and maintaining an High-Availability network using Cisco router / switch hardware. This includes experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco CatOS, BGP and HSRP.
- Experience with Cisco’s CSM is a bonus
We take great pride in having developed a system that is highly redundant, always available, and up-to-date. We expect you to continue in that tradition.
While we're a small company, we can be very competitive on salary with larger firms. We've been in existence for almost 8 years now and, despite having the feel of startup, we're a very stable company. We're eager to take our company to the next level and expand into new services in the very near term, and welcome people with big ideas and the ability to tackle them.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, please submit a brief cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com
Candidates who successfully make it through the interview process will be given an iPod Nano as compensation for their time.