Sr. Systems Administrator w/Linux & Open Source background (free iPod)
GUBA(guba.com) is a small (20 person), profitable company looking for an extremely talented Systems Administrator to join our team and help manage our technical infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience (8+ years) managing and maintaining a large rollout of Linux servers (We have over 120+)
You'll need extreme familiarity running and maintaining Open Source tools and applications. You’ll have excellent trouble-shooting skills, the ability to prioritize on the fly, and can ‘fight fires’ without losing your cool.
You will manage and maintain all of the machines in our co-location facility as well as our development and staging environments. You will be on-call.
Still sound interesting? :)
Here are the details:
- Responsible for configuring, implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining our various development and production environments. This includes all servers, routers, switches and storage repositories.
- Develop scripts to monitor the health of our network, servers and applications
- Perform scalability/capacity planning to support business growth
- Participate in technical reviews and close the loop with our developers to help with design recommendations to software and hardware projects.
- 8+ years of experience in Systems / Network Administration
- Strong experience with Linux (Debian preferred)
- Strong understanding of Open Source Tools including Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, and mod_perl.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining network-monitoring tools including Nagios, Cacti, and daemontools, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing automated system install and configuration tools including fai and cfengine2.
- Strong Experience with designing and implementing very large data stores up to high multi-Terrabyte solutions.
- Hands on experience with building and maintaining an High-Availability network using Cisco router / switch hardware. This includes experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco CatOS, BGP and HSRP.
- Experience with Cisco’s CSM is a bonus
We take great pride in having developed a system that is highly redundant, always available, and up-to-date. We expect you to continue in that tradition.
While we're a small company, we can be very competitive on salary with larger firms. We've been in existence for almost 8 years now and, despite having the feel of startup, we're a very stable company. We're eager to take our company to the next level and expand into new services in the very near term, and welcome people with big ideas and the ability to tackle them.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, please submit a brief cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Candidates who successfully make it through the interview process will be given an iPod Nano as compensation for their time.
job posting Sr. Systems Adm. w/Linux/Open Source
To whom it may concern:
Where is the position located?
Looking at their website, I'd say San Francisco, California.
GUBA is located in downtown San Francisco in the Financial District.
I would rather find out about the wonderful salary and location. I'll buy my own nano (if I ever want one) with my wonderful new job. I don't look for jobs based on empty gifts. That's got to be the dumbest incentive I've ever heard.
That said, it sounds like a pretty interesting position. It's a dream come true to see jobs that include using the technologies we love and have dedicated ourselves to using. This is a great forum for connecting Linux developers with jobs.
This job has been filled
But we are still looking for Software Engineers who know Linux and are familiar with Open source Technologies. Visit our jobs blog, which can be found at our website. (I can't post the url, just do a google search for GUBA.)
I assure you that the world is full of "software engineers who know Linux."
It appears to me, however, and correct me if I am wrong, that you are looking for a developer in downtown San Francisco, California.
there ya go bethanyr.
To bad I'm in Canada and can't work in the states. :(
[ not that the ipod is of any interest but the job does sound interesting ]
Original post dated six months ago, in the Summer of 2006.
Other more current position(s) specifically from GUBA at
Sr. Systems Administrator w/Linux & Open Source background
This position is closed. Thank you for your interest. :)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.|