SENIOR System Engineer / Administrator Required - Dallas / Fort Worth
A true world-leader in the travel industry - based in Dallas / Fort Worth, TX - is urgently seeking a SENIOR SOLARIS 10 / RED HAT 4 & 5 SYSTEM ENGINEER to help support their array of billion-dollar, customer-facing technologies (i.e. Websites, self-service kiosks, IVR).
The SYSTEM ENGINEER will be responsible for the administration and engineering of an extremely complex environment which comprises Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, WebSphere, J2EE-based applications and Oracle 10g RAC. Said environment is NOT Production - their Production environment is outsourced - but it is certainly “Production-Strength” due to the very nature of their business model, transactional volumes, number of “moving parts”, etc.. Put simply, the environment in question - which comprises Development, Test and Staging - is far larger and more complex than most other companies’ Production environments.
For this position, Mid-level engineers WON’T suffice. Only the crème-de-la-crème of System Engineers/Administrators will fit the bill. One benchmark used to determine candidate suitability is proven experience with DTrace and Truss which the company considers to be advanced Solaris skills. Candidates without this experience – or who have only used these tools on an occasional basis - will be rejected. Once again, the company is seeking only the most experienced of System Engineers who possess the skills necessary to support 100+ servers running Solaris 10 and RHEL 4 & 5.
If all of this were not enough, the hiring manager would be delighted if the SYSTEM ENGINEER also possessed experience with the following:
* Oracle 10g RAC
* Cisco networks, including switches, routers, and firewalls
* EMC Clariion, Celerra, or Symmetrix DMX
* WebSphere Application Server 6.x
If you genuinely possess the required skills, want to work for an industry-leading Fortune 500 company and be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in IT, contact me today at, 214-329-0127. Or, send a copy of your resume to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This is a PERMANENT CONTRACT position which will run and run and run and run. Holders of a valid H1B, EAD (I-485) or TN visa ARE eligible, as are Permanent Residents and US Citizens.
* The position is based in Dallas / Fort Worth and work must be performed on-site. Working remotely/telecommuting is not an option.
* The hiring manager prefers individuals who have worked for/on behalf of, large, high-volume, eCommerce operations.
* The interview process will consist of a highly-technical, extremely detailed phone screen, followed by an on-site interview (if appropriate). Candidates will not be hired from a phone screen alone.
* Please only apply for this position if you are a genuine, Senior System Engineer/Administrator with proven experience and an advanced skill-set.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.|