Senior Linux System Administrator - Toronto, Canada
Waterfront International Ltd is a Toronto-based financial consulting firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies. Waterfront International Ltd. seeks a bright, experienced individual to support and develop our sophisticated technical infrastructure. The environment is cutting edge with high up-time dependency, and your role will be all encompassing. You will provide a critical role in systems support and provide technical expertise in systems integration and implementation.
Senior LINUX System Administrator
Overview: Join a 2 member Linux administration team responsible for managing a mixed Solaris/Redhat Linux network - 300 Sun and HP servers/workstations. Work on all aspects of administering a mixed Solaris/Linux mission critical 24x7 trading environment. Work closely with the research and quantitative analysts and developers. Responsibilities include traditional administration responsibilities to advanced data warehousing, BCP environment testing and maintenance, and implementing best security practices.
- Administer Redhat ES3.x/ES4.x and Sun Solaris 8/Solaris 10x86 workstations/servers running in a 24x7 environment.
- Monitor, identify, and resolve production capacity, contention, and resource deficiencies.
- Configure and install new hardware – AMD dual-core, Intel quad-core, and Intel Xeon
- Basic Linux/Unix administration – kickstart/jumpstart server builds, nfs, nis, shell scripting, performance tuning, proactive monitoring, patch management, and Linux workstation end-user support.
- Implement software and hardware RAID solutions, including Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager, Compaq smart arrays, StorEdge 3510 and Hitachi AMS200 FC storage arrays.
- Administer Linux/Solaris to Windows connectivity using Samba and Exceed.
- Support Sybase DBA’s system requirements, currently utilizing 50+ Terabytes of disk space.
- Maintain BCP and grid computing environments.
- Research, test, and implement new hardware and software.
Company Technology Profile:
- Legato Networker and Veritas Netbackup enterprise backup systems using SpectraLogic 20K AIT4 and T-950 LTO4 tape libraries.
- Multiple Cisco and Checkpoint firewalls running in HA configurations.
- 10/100/Gig/10G Cisco Network architecture.
- TIBCO and Wombat real-time financial data and trade message distribution infrastructure.
Requirements of the Candidate:
- 3+ years of hands-on Unix experience supporting sophisticated mission critical environments.
- 2+ years of hand-on Linux experience supporting sophisticated mission critical environments.
- Given the mission critical nature of our applications, you must work very well under pressure, problem solve efficiently, and keep abreast of current technology.
- University degree required.
- Exposure to networking, Windows, Sybase, SAN Technology, SunGrid Computing, Java, and Perl would be assets.
- TIBCO/Rendezvous, Wombat and Veritas experience would be a strong plus.
This is a linux administration position. We are not looking for a Solaris admin with a few months of Linux experience.
Waterfront International Ltd. is a fast-paced, demanding environment and only seasoned Linux Admins with a commanding understanding of the technology listed will be considered for this role. Waterfront's selective hiring process considers only highly talented individuals with a history of exceptional professional and academic achievement, combined with solid real-world experience, to deploy and administer leading edge technology.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Why is this spam? -- It's in the "LQ Job Marketplace" sub-forum, where, I believe, posts must be moderated before being posted.
The mods must have heard you -- all the others are gone:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.|