Position Title: Linux/Unix/AIX System Administrator
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure
Location: Downtown Toronto
Candidates, please be advised that this is a confidential posting. Company information will be provided during the interview process.
We are seeking a unique individual who can manage our diverse environment consisting of Linux/Solaris AIX/ /SANS/AD and Web servers. As a System Administrator you will be responsible for building and maintaining all of our systems and ensuring they are secure and stable. You will provide guidance and advice to other members of the Technology group on best practices and policies as they relate to our infrastructure as a whole.
• Maintain configure and build our Linux/AIX/Solaris IIS and Apache servers
• Maintain configure and build our DNS,SMTP,DHCP and FTP servers
• Maintain and configure F5 BIG IP load balancers
• Troubleshoot build and maintain our web sites and internal systems
• Ensure the reliable operation of production services with 24x7 uptime
• Implement scalable, multi-architecture network based services
• Write automation tools and scripts for the maintenance of systems
• Work closely with Development, QA and Web production teams to ensure a stable environment.
• Identify solutions to problems and proactively seek improvements in reliability and performance of systems and products
• Maintain, troubleshoot and configure our SANS
• Maintain configure, build and troubleshoot our VERITAS BACKUP systems
• Required to be on call 24x7
• Excellent team and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience working in a fast paced Web hosting or .com environment
• Primary strength is Linux/Unix AIX and Web server support
• Proficiency in all flavours of*nix
• 5 or more years of experience as a systems administrator in a large, heterogeneous environment, including at least 3 years experience each as a systems administrator in Solaris, Linux/Unix and AIX
• Experience maintaining and managing mission critical web sites.
• 5 or more years extensive experience managing an enterprise level environment with expert knowledge in the configuration and management of secure web servers (and "Web services") including Windows IIS (in a .net environment) and Apache.
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (e.g., Perl, shell)
• Expert knowledge of, UNIX/Linux system and program installation, compilation and configuration and system-level security procedures;
• Expert knowledge of standard backup infrastructures specifically Veritas.
• Expert knowledge of SAN configuration and management utilities. Specifically HP XP and EMC Clarion and IBM DS3400.
• Experience managing F5 BIG IP load balancers.
• Experience with hardware and software RAID solutions, 3rd party file systems and volume managers (e.g. Veritas).
• Extensive experience maintaining, building and configuring servers for standard internet services such as DNS, NFS, DHCP, Samba, printing (e.g. LPR, CUPS), mail (e.g. Postfix, Sendmail), and FTP services.
• Experience with distributed file system architectures (NFS, AFS, DFS, etc)
• Experience maintaining Linux/Windows dev/staging and production environments and promoting code as required.
• Familiarity with cryptography tools (e.g. secure shell, OpenSSL, IPSec).
• Extensive experience with the configuration and setup of Virus/Spam appliances specifically Ironport and Barracuda.
Why You Should Apply:
• Competitive base pay, plus annual bonus
• Medical and dental benefit coverage starts immediately, from day one of employment
• Employee Assistance Program
• 3 weeks vacation per year, plus two personal days
• Company matched RSP where you contribute 2.5% of your salary and the company will contribute up to 5%
• Tuition reimbursement program – $3,000- $5,000 annually
• A “health and wellness allowance” of $200 annually.
• Summer hours
• Nintendo Wii and Xbox in our boardrooms!
Interested candidates are asked to send their resumes to email@example.com