InMotion Hosting www.inmotionhosting.com
Do you have a passion for working with Linux or open source technology? Do you have a drive to provide excellent customer service and show off your troubleshooting skills?
InMotion Hosting is a growing web hosting component based in California with offices in Los Angeles and Virginia Beach, Virginia. We provide shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting to a wide variety of customers with growing network of 500+ Linux servers and even (sadly) one or two Windows machines. We are seeking Tier 2 Support Technicians to assist in system monitoring, incident resolution, and thrilling our growing customer base with excellent customer service.
What Will I Do?
- Be a part of a team committed to providing highly reliable service and strong technical expertise to our customers and coworkers
- Troubleshoot web applications and assist customers in selecting plans to match their needs
- Monitor our systems and pro-actively resolve and/or escalate alerts and/or trouble tickets
- Meet shared quality and production standards for the systems group
- Assist the systems group other departments as necessary in regular operations through mentoring, documentation and other special projects
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Good customer service skills and an honest desire to help people
- 1-2 years in a help desk environment or systems group, experience in web hosting or with hosting technologies a plus
- Strong technical troubleshooting ability and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with the Linux/Unix commnd line and a desire to become an expert
- Confident in installing and configuring Linux/Unix (Centos/RHEL preferred)
- Previous experience installing and/or configuring Apache, PHP, Mysql (Sendmail, Exim, cPanel/WebHost manager, Java/Tomcat, Ruby on Rails are all excellent pluses)
- Experience developing/debugging/deploying simple and/or complex web applications
- Good understanding of DNS and basic network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Xen, KVM, Virtuozzo/OpenVZ
In accordance with experience.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health and Dental Plans after 90 days
- Positive and FUN work environment
- Casual dress code
- Free lunch once a week
- Free web hosting for associates
- Monthly QA Bonus!