Linux Engineer w/Windoze Integration (C#/.Net) Experience - FTE - North Atlanta, GA
The Lanta Group is a private search and training firm in Atlanta GA, and our client is a leading RF wireless asset management company in Alpharetta.
Our client's system is based upon patented core technology that enables the deployment of low-cost, extremely long battery life, high-density, wireless sensor networks. To date, 13 patents have been granted, and 40+ additional patent applications have been submitted. The underlying technology supports wireless sensor networks that can be used at fixed, transient, or mobile locations. Each network is comprised sensor nodes and wireless hubs connecting to other networks and the outside world via Wi-Fi, cellular, satellite, or wired Ethernet.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with 7+ years of integration experience between Linux and Windows systems. Linux is used throughout our client's networks, but must interface with windows applications for reporting purposes. Ideally, we're looking for someone with Linux development experience as well as Web Services, C#/.Net, Microsoft SQL, and OOA/OOD skills.
General Description of Responsibilities (not in any particular order):
1. Perform software design, coding, and testing on server level machines, as well as on an embedded PC.
2. Handling interfaces between low-level and enterprise level software.
3. Develop specifications and design documentation.
4. Ability to drive a project from concept to full production ramp.
5. Ability to work with technical management, turning conceptual requirements into specific designs.
Work experience requirements:
• 7+ years of experience in software development in Windows and Linux environments.
• C#/.Net skills.
• Web Services/Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) skills.
• SQL (preferably Microsoft SQL) skills.
• Solid OOA/OOD skills.
• Microsoft Active Directory experience a plus.
• RADIUS server experience a plus.
• HP Openview (or any high-end network management suite) a plus.
• SNMP experience a plus.
• Additional pluses: C/C++, Berkeley sockets, Linux/Unix OS
• Undergraduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• A highly motivated individual with an ability to “get it done” on time and within budget.
• Someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and takes pride in what they do.
• A team player, with a strong sense of project “ownership”.
• Someone with a desire to provide design alternatives and contribute to the definition of project requirements
• Attention to detail and follow up
• A salary based upon the candidates’ experience level.
• Liberal benefits package managed by Administaff
• Incentive stock option grant with four year vesting
Ryan Gemmill with The Lanta Group at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a copy of your resume and an experience summary as it relates to the above skills/experience.
If you are a professional group why put "Windoze" in your job description/title?
Well, didn't think it would offend, and maybe thought it might bring a few more views. I would change it now if I could.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.|