||09-11-2010 11:32 AM
Intermediate Linux Systems Support Analyst x 2 - Contract to Permanent (Toronto)
Linux Systems Support Analyst x 2
Contract to Permanent
6 Months to Permanent
As soon as possible.
Toronto, ON (Downtown)
Negotiable depending on experience
- Your primary role will be to support a high workload WebSphere development environment hosted on Linux Servers.
- You will provides application, development and QA environment support to the project development team in order to ensure that system support is maintained during the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Install and configure hardware and system software to meet the requirements of the project design.
- Monitor performance and availability of hardware, services, and applications to ensure that the development environment does not impact the project schedule.
- Perform regular maintenance, apply patches and upgrade the systems as mandated by the project and according to regular maintenance cycles.
- Perform issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- Work closely with the development teams to understand their requirements.
- Take part in Architecture and Sizing activities as required by the development team.
- Participate in testing, evaluation, and implementation of related software products (including new products, software packages, operating systems, and facilities).
- Produce Technical documentation.
- Work hours include normal business hours with on-call and weekend support as required.
- You must be Dynamic, be prepared to take ownership and be an adaptive learner.
- University degree, Diploma or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years Linux Support and Administration experience.
- Working knowledge of application software such as AutoSYS, WebSphere, MQ Series, and Crystal Enterprise will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a high paced and project based environment.
- You must have good communication skills and be articulate.
Our client is a large international Bank with branches in North America, South and Central America, The Caribbean and in Europe.
If you are qualified and interested, please send your Resume to Henry at email@example.com
and quote reference AX/EAL08-LQ
Only persons authorized to work in Canada need apply.
Toronto, ON, Downtown, Linux, WebSphere, Autosys, Crystal, Cluster, Server, Support, Administration, Development, SDLC, MQ Series, Architecture, Sizing, Capacity Planning, Entry Level, Contract, Full Time, Permanent, intermediate, Technical, Unix.