Experienced Linux Sysadmin for small, basic project $80-$100/hour
We need an experienced Linux system administrator to maintain, install, configure certain applications on our private VPS Server. This role is going to come up occasionally in form of small projects. We are strictly looking for an experienced person in order to retain the good state of the server.
- Experience in CentOS.
- Experienced in server security
- Knows what he/she is doing. Ability to configure applications in the correct and secure manner.
- Knows about downtime and bring minimal disruptions, e.g. appreciate importance of notifications before shutting down certain services
- Typical application setups include: mailing lists, postfix, spamassassin, apache, mysql server, git repositories and so on.
- Configuration of spamassassin.
- DNS setup. Configuration of new domains. (Two new websites, one subdomain for a blog)
- Finding out a security hole in the system that causes a PHP script to send spam. Please see this thread:
- Update of application packages to latest secure and up-to-date status.
- Examining of logs for any security issues.
This is a telecommuting freelancer role. Payment may be wired to your bank account, paypal account or carrying project over to a mediator such as Elance is also possible.
Please contact us on: email@example.com
If you like to reduce on unneeded application, either on location or experience, why not sum up a bit on that front too.
Any specific needs on where the person needs to be, paying methods.
PS: I am not applying here for the job.
Email has been sent.. Please have a check with it.
any body there?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.|