Developer with Linux Experience Required
We are seeking qualified developers with Linux administration knowledge.
Check out: http://eliteopensourcejobs.com/jobs/...9-fe989c354962 for more information and to apply.
* Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, and tuning of application servers and web servers.
* Provide technical support on application server-related and web applications issues.
* The ability to use intelligence, scripting, and tools to manage change from development to testing to production environments.
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
* Multiple years of Linux or UNIX system administration experience desired, but candidates of all levels will be considered.
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
* Knowledge of web-servers, security, DNS, filesystems.
* Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, bash, sh, etc.)
* Excellent verbal and written skills, along with outstanding customer service skills.
* Must Have - Linux, TCP/IP, Apache, basic network trouble shooting,
* Pluses - Nagios, MySQL, Solaris, Perl, Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, LAMP
Normally I would criticize tallship for not following the posted instruction: "and to apply"; but there is no listing for a "Developer with Linux Experience Required" at the posted link, & no Co. name in the OP. Furthermore the link is to a partly broken site -- it crashed Konqueror 3.5.8 when I tried to open it in a new tab, & is still, after 10 minutes, trying to open it in a new window w/ only a blank screen showing.
Not that I'm interested -- you need more help that I can offer -- but where is this job? Or is telecommuting possible?
The site opened for me in FF in Ubuntu in Jaunty. But this is not a first hand job I guess and is from a consultant.
The job isn't posted on the website, and it appears that the poster (having only one post in these forums) is a headhunter who only posted so that he could populate that (his?) website.
The Jobs listed say, "U.S.", and need to be more specific unless they accept Telecommuting. Further, I've actually received and applied to at least one of the jobs (SAIC) through another source that sends me job alerts, so if this is a headhunter trying to SPAM his way to popularizing his own company's website, I would rather just put my res within reach of him directly so he can effect the submissions himself and contact me for the positions he gets a commission for.
I don't have much interest in setting up an account on a website I know nothing about, but have no problem with my resume being in the wild.
So it's kewl w/me if you wanna criticize. I can take criticism all the way to the bank ;)
Sorry about the confusion with the job posting. I put the wrong link into the job posting, I had posted the job on Elite already so I was trying to just link to it but I think instead I posted to the listing. I am not a headhunter or recruiter, and have no financial interest in placing developers.
Again, sorry, and thanks to those of you who responded.
So where is the link to this particular job posting?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.|