LinuxQuestions.org Member Success StoriesJust spent four hours configuring your favorite program? Just figured out a Linux problem that has been stumping you for months?
Post your Linux Success Stories here.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I am a new member of this forum and a new user of Linux, a good user of other operating systems who like to enter into the World of Linux, once I am in the track I asure you that will provide all the information about Linux I collect from everywhere.
Yesturday I have installed Red Hat Linux 8, after formatting my system. The appearance of Red Hat is pretty Good, Office, Workspace facility, driver detection, desktop, freindly menus etc.
As a person who's using other OS's more, please help me to proceed further in Linux. My question looks so simple and stupid but sure will be a question of many new Red Hat users.
1. While installing LInux 3 CD's where there, 2nd CD was asked during the installation. But no idea about the use of 3rd CD. When I inserted the 3rd CD got the CD icon on the desktop and found lot of Packages (doubt equivalent word of program). Intalled the package (but no idea where its installed or couldn't find anything new in the menu)
2. If a new Package is installed where it will appear ?
3. Is .rpm is similar to .exe ?
4. How can i open a Floppy ?
5. How my Computer can be exploed.
6. Instead of drive C, D is it hda1,hda2 etc.
If anyone has got any small guideline links please email.