Mysql - Howto intall,set up,start and stop in Slackware 12.
Just started to play around with mysql... Since the guides on how to
install,set up,start and stop mysql I've found and used this far has
been more or less useless,I start this thread.This should do the trick
if you got problems to get mysql to run at all:
1. Run command: killall -9 mysqld mysqld_safe
2. If you want to update mysql,go to step 3.Otherwise
skip to step 4.
3. Remove the old mysql package and install the new one.
4. Run command: mysql_install_db
5. Run command: chown -R mysql.mysql /var/lib/mysql
6. Run command: chmod 755 /etc/rc.d/rc.mysqld
7. To start mysql,use the rc.myscld script.Run command:
8. To get back to the command prompt,press Enter.
9. To set mysql root password,run command:
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password new_root_password_here
Working with mysql:
10. In order to be able to log in,switch to "mysql-command-mode"
by running command: su mysql
11. To log in,run command: mysql -p
12. Do your thing.
13. To log out,run command: \q
14 To switch back from "mysql-command-mode",run command: exit
15. To shut down mysql,run command:
I had to set a password for the mysql user, is this normal?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.|