fix for MediaWiki showing blank page
I have a cheap webhosting account at clickonhosting. Last week they decided they needed to migrate my site to a different server or something, and all of a sudden MediaWiki just gives me blank pages. I couldnt really figure out what the problem was; the database was there and everything.
After some fruitless searching I decided to just try re-running the install. I logged in via ftp, renamed LocalSettings.php to LocalSettings.php.backup, and then navigated to the wiki root in my browser and re-ran setup, being sure to give it the database login stuff for the existing database. Then i moved the new LocalSettings.php from the config/ to the root wiki folder and it works.
Just posting this in case anyone ever has a similar problem.