USB printing via Airport Express base station
I currently have the following network hardware setup:
- D-Link DWL-G520 Wireless PCI adapter (H/W version B2)
- Apple Airport Express(AX) 802.11b/g base station (with USB print port and music streaming via iTunes)
- DSL PPPoE Internet connection via an Alcatel SpeedTouch Home modem
Although it wasn't easy -- I'm a linux newbie, less than a month into it -- I finally have the network setup working great.
I'm also a Mac OS X user. With my Powerbook, I use an Airport Extreme wireless card in conjunction with the AX to connect to the Internet. I use the print port on the AX with a Brother HL-1440 USB laser printer. On the Mac the printer is configured as a "Rendezvous" printer. Wireless printing...works fine, lasts a long time in Mac OS X. My question is, how do I make it work in linux?
The basics on my linux setup:
- Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
- Kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
By the way, the printer works fine when directly connected to one of the linux box USB ports. I was able to configure it with the Print Manager utility. It, unlike many other tasks, was easy.
Can you point me in the right direction?