Yes I am sure the firmware is right
Okay let me update where I am up to:
- I have re-blacklisted the bcm43xx drivers
- I have modified the modprobe.conf as above
- I have also changed the line in /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper
alias wlan0 ndiswrapper to alias eth1 ndiswrapper
(not sure if that was the right thing to do or not - wlan0 seemed quite useless though)
- I then restarted and thankfully the wireless light is now on
- iwconfig shows the expected eth1 interface as before (so this is an improvement
- The eth1 script is still there, but when I scan with iwlist is says no scan results so I don't think I can set the channel properly
- When I now try and enable the network through system-network-config I get the following output:
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) SET failed on device eth1; Invalid argument
- Then when I look at my dmesg I have the following output:
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready
Now then, reading what Lenard just posted:
"Nope change the line to: alias eth1 ndiswrapper"
Do I have to change it to that line as I stated above (where previously it was alias wlan0 ndiswrapper) in /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper?
Okay I will see what happens when I use Lenard's suggestion. Please bear with me - i've been trying to get this thing working for a while now. If any of the steps I have taken above are wrong then please tell me lol.