I'm willing to install Fedora Core 8 on my laptop which is Dell Inspiron 630m.
I bilieve that I saw many posts about my wireless card not getting installed automatic, and I'm really newbie to anything Linux related.
Before I install my Fedora Core I searched for help sites to get my Wireless Card installed which is Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection Problem, but sadly, I didn't understand what to do because like I said to you I still real newbie.
I know many people will just tell me that site, but guys TRUST ME, I don't understand anything from that INSTALL help file.
1) Get the source and firmware.
2) Check for certain capabilities in your kernel, and rebuild the kernel
I think I won't find problems on that because it's only commads in Terminal which is quite simple.
3) Remove any old ieee80211 subsystem or Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG
Network Connection driver for Linux, and remove any kernel configurations
relating to them.
4) Build and install the current ieee80211 module.
L0LZ DUDE1!! HOW?
5) Build and install the current Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network
Connection driver for Linux module (uses files from ieee80211 subsystem).
BOTHER EXPLAINING HOW?
6) Download and install current firmware for your Intel PRO/Wireless
2915ABG Network Connection driver for Linux.
H0W THE HECK?
So please, I recomend from someone to write me the exact steps(1, 2, 3 etc..) to do because I'm really confused.
Thanks for your time and please spend some time telling me the steps