It worked for me. I use SuSE 10.3 with Belkin AirForce One 54G wireless card. I have been trying to make it run since last night, but I had difficulty removing the bcm43xx driver. Thank you for the your post. Here is what I did (little bit different from yours):
1-Blaklisted bcm43xx driver
2-ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf and all other module loading stuff.
3-Configured the card in Yast i.e. SSID, encryption ..etc.
2-Changed the module name in Yast network settings from bcm43xx to ndiswrapper.
Every thing works fine now, but I noticed two thing, If I check Hardware Information in Yast, I still see "modprobe bcm43xx" and when run ndiswrapper -l it still say:
"bcmwl5 : driver installed
device (14E4:4318) present (alternate driver: bcm43xx)"
But that's ok as long as it works fine for me.
Thanks again secretservgy.