DELL Inspiron 8600
Ive got an DELL Inspiron 8600 with Wireless NIC that I would like to get to work.
I am a newbie in Linux and have just installed Mandrake 10.1
Does anyone else have a DELL Inspiron 8600 that had the same problem?
my NIC is: PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter
I do the following thing to try connecting with my Wireless NIC instead..
1. Configure Your Computer - System configuration tool
3. PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter
4. Run config tool
5. Wireless connection
6. Select the network interface to configure: "Net Device: Manually load a driver" is checked
7. I choose the NIC "ipw2100 (intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Driver)"
8. Here I try both the Autoprobe and the Specify Option but I dont know how to configure "Specify Options"
Then I am back to ""6. Select the network interface to configure: "Net Device: Manually load a driver" is checked"" and have to do the procedure all over again...
Can anyone please help me with my little problem?