Curious ipw2100 issue (wireless networking)
On my laptop (a thinkpad X40), I have the ipw2100 wireless card. I installed the drivers from ipw2100.sf.net, and everything was fine. Then one day, it just magically stopped working for no apparent reason.
It is detected as a wireless device OK:
I really, really must have wireless working. I hate being tied down by cat-5 :(
Edit: Other people are still able to access my wireless access point, and I am definately using the correct key.
I've discovered the solution to my problem. I was (for some reason) loading the modules in the wrong order. It works now. Whoops.
This is an update to this thread, a LQ member asked me which order I loaded the modules in:
This is the order that I load my modules in (from
e1000 and subfs are my other network card and an automounting filesystem. I guess this problem has something to do with the fact that ipw2100 depends on those iee80211 modules, and doesn't use them if they are loaded in the incorrect order.
I hope this helps someone who stumbles in from google.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.|