RHEL VM Disk Mapping with VMDK Issue
I am using RHEL 5 VM on ESX 5.
I am facing the problem while deleting the vmdk and replacing the same with different size fdisk still shows original mapping.
- In case of existing VM - I have added 3 VMDK disks
- At OS level it is mapped to sda, sdb & sdc
- In my case sda - Linux LVM, sdb & sdc are ASM Disk [File System - 83 code]
- Suppose I have added fourth disk which will be mapped to sdd [approx 100 GB]
- Later on I have removed the same [At this time again there will be 3 Disks]
-After couple of days I have added 4th Disk of 50 GB, in that case after scanning the disk it shows 100 GB [old size]
The issue use to resolved by rebooting the VM
Please let me know is there nay way out to refresh the fdisk partition table without reboot.
Refer this link
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.|