I was having the same problems until I found this thread in these forums:
The paraphrase for those newbies (like myself) and to have a record of this should I need to find it again... here is what I did.
Donwloaded SWAT from the link in the thread referenced above.
logged in as su did the following....
installed SWAT of course by running " rpm -i samba-swat-2.2.7a-8.9.0.i386.rpm"
then had to edit /etc/xinetd.d/swat
and change the line disable from "yes" to "no".
Then restart the xinetd service.
/sbin/service xinetd restart
Hopefully I'm not missing anything. Just doing my best to help and contribute and not be a total leach in my quest for Linux knowledge!!