LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Software (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/)
-   -   Web media server, preferably in Amarok (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/web-media-server-preferably-in-amarok-681129/)

anix 11-04-2008 03:13 PM

Web media server, preferably in Amarok
 
Is there a way to run a low-scale (not many users have access) media streaming server that can be accessed by a web page client? I would prefer to use Amarok for the server to do that if possible.

i92guboj 11-04-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anix (Post 3331702)
Is there a way to run a low-scale (not many users have access) media streaming server that can be accessed by a web page client? I would prefer to use Amarok for the server to do that if possible.

I really wonder why would anyone want to have amarok as a server. It's basically a playlist administrator with advanced features, and not really designed to act as a server nor a streamer.

I don't know if it has streaming capabilities (as a server, I mean). However, there's a project to be able to show the amarok database on a web page. I don't know its current capabilities. Just take a look and see yourself.

http://www.linux.com/feature/122978

klearview 11-04-2008 03:33 PM

Hi,
Amarok 2 has support for Ampache which, I think, does exactly what you need.

anix 11-05-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

However, there's a project to be able to show the amarok database on a web page. I don't know its current capabilities. Just take a look and see yourself.
That's actually pretty close to what I wanted. However, that basically generates a playlist for you to download and I was looking for something that can stream right from the browser... Thanks, though!

anix 11-05-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Amarok 2 has support for Ampache which, I think, does exactly what you need.
PERFECT!!! I don't think I could have found something closer to what I was looking for! A bit hard to set up, but it is exactly what I wanted! Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.