Originally Posted by narc
I have a Hauppauge PVR-350 that worked fine with standard cable for over 3 years. With MyThTV Schedules Direct and decent program listings, I was very happy with my setup.
Now, I move to another town: The local cable company (Cogeco) has crappy listings unless you get digital television. My PVR-350 is not able to interface with my provider's tuner. I need to change my PVR to channel 3 and use my remote control to change the channel on my provider's tuner. It's seems now that my Schedules Direct subscription is just a waste because I always need to manually change the channel before recording.
Any solutions: new hardware, tweaks and what not ?
Sorry to bump this after so much time but if you didnt find a work around for it, ill tell you what i do. I have an HVR-950q (USB hybrid tuner).
1) Im with Cogeco as well, and I agree, their selection blows goats.. lol
2) If you were forced to rent a set top box like i was because of the move to digital, pipe your set top directly to your tuner card with coax.
3) If possible, dont scan for channels, manually enter just one in, Channel 3 (or 4 if thats what your set top is set to - for me its channel 3).
4) Set MythTV to the same channel as the set top and dont change it. If you want to change channels, use your remote on your set top.
5) Use your tuner's bundled software to test that its working.