I try to make vacation work on Mandrake Linux 9.1 with Postfix installed.
So I do the following :
1. postfix was already installed and is OK,
2. installation of vacation 1.2.6 -> OK,
3. creation of a .vacation.msg in /home/jmc. Here is the content :
[root@ticerosrv1 jmc]# more .vacation.msg
Subject: away from my mail
I will not be reading my mail for a while.
Your mail concerning "$SUBJECT"
will be read when I'm back.
4. creation of a .forward file. Here is the content :
5. reinit of the db file : vacation -I
But when I send mail to jmc nothing happens (no answer) and the mail is delivered to jmc.
It is like if the .forward file was not found.
I try to put a debug version of vacation which does a /tmp/vacation.log file when called. When I call vacation by hand it does the log file (so the debug version is OK),
when I send mail to jmc : no debug file is created.
An idea ?