damn looks so cool i really wanna do it except i know ill screw it up without any help, please anyone ?
* Download the latest sisfb source code and decompress the archive to /usr/src/linux/drivers/video/sis/ (or whereever your kernel source tree is located). Copy the file sisfb.h over the old one in /usr/src/linux/include/linux. Configure the kernel to use the SiS framebuffer; do only select SiS 300/630 support, not SiS 315 (unless your machine has a 315/550/650/740, but in this case the whole thing doesn't make sense as DRI is not supported on the 310/325 series...).
* Apply the DRM kernel patch, choose the DRM module to be compiled as a module (not into the kernel) and re-compile the kernel. (The patch is not required for kernel 2.4.18-rc2 and later.)
* Add the kernel parameter video=sisfb:mode:none,mem:12288 to lilo.conf (or whatever boot manager you use).
* Using mode:none is up to your preference; if you like a graphical console, specify a valid mode instead of mode:none, such as mode:1024x768x16.
* Download the latest X driver (sis_drv.o) for your version of Xfree86 and place it in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ (or whereever your XFree binaries are located)
* Download the latest sis_dri.so for your version of XFree86 and place it in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/ (or whereever your XFree binaries are located)
* Set up the X config file (in most cases /etc/X11/XF86Config-4) with a depth of 24 (DefaultDepth 24 in the Screen section) and specify Option "MaxXFBMem" "12288" in the Device section.
* Set the video memory to at least 32MB (better 64MB) in the BIOS setup.
* That's it!
thats what i need to do
Someone please help me, email me with easier instructions if you can , or post them here, my email address is email@example.com