I have been trying to upgrade to 2.6.3, with no luck. I am rolling my own and run into the same problem each time.
I am running Arch, using 2.4.25 and all is great. I d/l the source for 2.6.3 and follow the setup and all. I get it compiled and copied to the /boot dir. I edited lilo for the new kernel and ran lilo. I reboot and get through the screens, until the end and it cannot load module tulip for eth0 and failed to start dsl (of course) I log on and lsmod and there are no modules loaded. I know they changed some things in 2.6 and I put there net support in the config. where might I find a lead to fix this.