Edit: You can skip a bunch of these steps and just download the sbminst
format a floppy disk with the command: fdformat /dev/fd0
Put the program onto the floppy with the command: ./sbminst -t us -d /dev/fd0
1. I downloaded btmgr-3.7-1.tar.gz and sbminst ( not the dos .exe ) from
2. I unpacked the tar file with the command:
tar xzvf btmgr-3.7-1.tar.gz
3. I changed into the directory called btmgr-3.7-1 which was created by tar
4. The install file said that nasm is needed so I used synaptic to install that.
5. While in the /btmgr-3.7-1 directoy, type the commands:
Note: that was supposed to create a file called sbminst but there were a bunch of errors which I don't feel a need to chase down. That's why I also downloaded the sbminst file.
6. Put the sbminst file into /btmgr-3.7-1/installer and make it executable with the command:
chmod +x sbminst
7. Change into the installer directory which now has the sbminst file.
8. format a floppy disk with the command: fdformat /dev/fd0
9. Put the program onto the floppy with the command:
./sbminst -t us -d /dev/fd0