Unable to get STATISTIX up and running
"Statist" is a small, handy statistics program. It is terminal based, but can use Gnuplot for showing graphs. It provides quite a number of statitical functions. Currently, it provides about 20 different statistical tests and regressions. StatistX provides a graphical user interface statist.
I have been trying to install both "Ststist" and it's X-window frontend "Statistix." But have never suceeded. Can anyone help.
Has anyone got some experience of installing and working with this ststistical packages. Or can anyone suggest a similar kind of Statistical package useful for biological science type data analysis that can handle folowing functions:
* standard deviation, mean, geometric mean
* (multiple) linear regression
* rank correlation by Spearman
* partial linear regression
* polynomial regression
* test of normal distribution (KOLMOGOROFF-SMIRNOFF-LILLIEFORS)
* u-test etc etc etc.