Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
This could happen for a number of reasons, including:
* Server is not up
* Network problem
* Firewall(s) blocking you
* Incorrect connection settings
Can you provide additional information please, for example:
* Is the server you are trying to connect the same machine you are running FileZilla on?
* If not, is it on the same network?
* Which protocol are you using - ftp, sftp, ftps, etc?
* Have you checked that the server is up (try pinging it)?