LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Software (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/)
-   -   Ubuntu 7.10 Citrix ICA Client Issues (2) (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/ubuntu-7-10-citrix-ica-client-issues-2-a-620945/)

jordo2323 02-13-2008 07:32 PM

Ubuntu 7.10 Citrix ICA Client Issues (2)
 
I am running Ubuntu 7.10 on a Lenovo T61 and am really pleased with the performance. For my job, I often need to log into a Citrix server to access a Windows desktop, and other Windows applications necessary for my occupation.

I am running into two issues:

1) I am able to successfully use the Citrix ICA Client (in Ubuntu) to login to my Citrix server's desktop. The desktop then appears full screen. Normally I would do a ALT-F2 to shrink the Windows desktop to get back to my local desktop. This keyboard shortcut does not work. I have yet to find out if this is mapped in the Linux ICA client to another key combination. The result is that if I am logged onto the Windows/Citrix desktop, I am stuck there until I logoff. I often need to access information on the local Ubuntu desktop and switch back and forth.

2) I have found that if accessing certain applications through the Citrix ICA client (not thru a full Desktop, but in an application farm) that certain apps don't show in my Ubuntu window list. Microsoft Outlook will show in the Window list and operate normally, but some others do not.

The first issue is way more important to me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

m.omer 04-25-2008 08:50 AM

1) Try Ctrl+F2 first then Alt+F9 to minimise full screen

Refer to keyboard setting on the client window before connection:
Tools ---> Settings ---> Keyboard Shortcuts

2) ?

jordo2323 05-14-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.omer (Post 3132523)
1) Try Ctrl+F2 first then Alt+F9 to minimise full screen

Refer to keyboard setting on the client window before connection:
Tools ---> Settings ---> Keyboard Shortcuts

2) ?


Did attempt this solution with no result. I am revisiting this issue and have recently upgraded to Hardy Heron.

I was hoping that the upgrade and a new install of the Citrix ICA client would resolve this issue but no such luck. I have tried many, many key combinations and have not found a solution to switching between a Citrix Windows Desktop and my Ubuntu Desktop.

Bump! Anyone have Hardy Heron running and use Citrix Desktops and are able to switch back and forth?

Thanks.

intetsu 08-05-2008 11:46 AM

Same issue here...
 
Did you happen to find a solution? Running 8.04 and I really love the full screen mode 'cause it passes through all my key presses very well (I had issues with 'Ctrl' presses not being transferred which just kills cut and paste) I'm still looking for a solution to the window switching issue though.

Thanks!

jordo2323 08-05-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intetsu (Post 3237535)
Did you happen to find a solution? Running 8.04 and I really love the full screen mode 'cause it passes through all my key presses very well (I had issues with 'Ctrl' presses not being transferred which just kills cut and paste) I'm still looking for a solution to the window switching issue though.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response, but I have not found a resolution to this issue. I have looked through the Citrix Session manager and have found nothing that will allow window switching between a Citrix session and a Ubuntu desktop.

Anyone? Help us Obi Wan Kenobis....

breggol 08-05-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordo2323 (Post 3237544)
Thanks for your response, but I have not found a resolution to this issue. I have looked through the Citrix Session manager and have found nothing that will allow window switching between a Citrix session and a Ubuntu desktop.

Anyone? Help us Obi Wan Kenobis....

I am experiencing the same issue. But have found a dirty workaround for the time being:

My laptop has a Fn key to display the help. When I press Fn+F1, the Ubuntu help program is launched and the task bar becomes visible. Please beware that if you do not close the help application before returning to your Citrix session, the trick will not work again and you have to log off your session first.

jordo2323 08-05-2008 02:55 PM

Crafty! I am still looking for Citrix to fix this though. I can't imagine this happens to every Linux distribution.

I am going to try to see if the ICA client has a new version. Keep searching as I will. Thanks for your input.

intetsu 08-06-2008 07:32 AM

Hey guys,

I think I got this solved, its not perfect but it works. :) As was posted before it requires a TWO step key combination.

First from within your full screen Citrix session press 'Ctrl + F2' -- This passes the NEXT command to the local workstation. --
Then press your Ubuntu key combination, for me 'Windows Key + E' to switch between workspaces.

Using this combination I started four Citrix sessions and left each one full screen in its own workspace and quickly switched between sessions.

Good luck!

-I

Running Hardy Heron and the v.10 of the Citrix Linux client.

breggol 08-08-2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordo2323 (Post 3153266)
Did attempt this solution with no result. I am revisiting this issue and have recently upgraded to Hardy Heron.

I was hoping that the upgrade and a new install of the Citrix ICA client would resolve this issue but no such luck. I have tried many, many key combinations and have not found a solution to switching between a Citrix Windows Desktop and my Ubuntu Desktop.

Bump! Anyone have Hardy Heron running and use Citrix Desktops and are able to switch back and forth?

Thanks.

I tried the Ctrl+F2 and Alt+F9 and it worked! (Using Hardy Heron and Citrix ICA 10.x)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.