I've searched everywhere for the answer to this, seems like loads of people get the same error but nobody ever gets a good solution. This is running under Slack 9.1
libdvdread: using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
libdvdread: could not open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss
libdvdread: cant open /dev/dvd for reading
error[ogle_nav]: failed to open/read the DVD
Now, all the solutions I find say that the /dev/dvd symlink is not pointing to the right device, but im pretty sure mine is as the drive spins up and I get a different error if I put a CD in the drive.
I tried xine aswell, and the copyright screen of the dvd would show and then then it would stop saying that the DVD was encrypted, and it couldnt play it, but libdvdcss is installed, and was found when I was running the ogle configure script. It seems like everything is there but libdvdcss isn't doing its job.
Please give me a hand if you can, been at this for hours now!!