suse linux ver 10 installation
Please help on the following questions as the manual does not have it.
1) How to install suse linux 10 from HDD without the need of Windows. I mean: I have a HDD with no windows installation, but would like to have suse installed.
2) Once successfully installed, how do I uninstall it and revert to windows partition or factory default.
3) How to install suse linux 10 from HDD without the need of Windows. I mean: I have a HDD WITH an existing windows but would like to uninstall windows and install suse linux.
4) Most printers, scanners and other devices provide windows-based device drivers, If i use linux, where do i get linux-based device drivers.
5) Where do I get linux-based antivirus software?
6) Assuming, I have a second HDD (enternal HDD) with suse installed, How do I switch between windows (in the internal HDD) and suse from the external HDD without changing too many times the BIOS settings.
Please assist, as I am a linux newbies but a seasoned windows users. I feel the question above would assist me in learning how to be linux-user. Many books and manuals talks about installing linux on another partitioned - sharing with windows. None provide a step by step linux installation on HDD where windows is not available. Reason: If we need windows to install linux, why use linux in the first place since you have bought a copy of windows and it is more familiar. I am trying to breakaway from windows addiction by porting to unix environment and probably spread the good news to others. At least I have a choice to choose between them.