When I rip cds with Grip, the speed is okay at first (x2-x4), but when it comes to the end of each track, speed dwindles dramatically (x0.1). It takes about 1 minute to get to the end of the audio track, and then up to 1 hour (!!!) to rip the last .001% of the track. I also tried running cdparanoia from the konsole, same problem (which indicates to me that the problem lies with cdparanoia, not Grip). However, the same problem occurs if I switch the ripper to cdda2wav and the other options in Grip...
To top it off, the problem is not consistent. My old Deep Purple cd was ripped (all of it) in 10 minutes, while the Elton John cds are *really* slow...3 hours for a cd -> wav, ogg encoding pending...*sigh*
I have an IDE cd-rom drive used for ripping and an IDE (SCSI-emulated) cd-burner, for what it's worth to the guru answering my pathetic newbie questions :-)
Last edited by TurboThy; 05-13-2002 at 05:16 AM.