Okay heres my situation quickly, don't wanna waste anyones time...
1) Sendmail was installed by default
2) I opened up port 25 on my router
3) I setup sendmail to accept connections on all interfaces (is this a bad idea?)
4) I'm TRYING to setup mailboxes!?
Ok im pretty lost about the mailboxes part, I know this
- mailertable = forwards email
- virtusertable = redirects usernames in multiple domains
- access = accepts/relayes/rejects email
So okay... where the heck do I add new users?
Should I just download a gui for this?... mybe that would make sense
I like learning so get back to me
(Also can someone tell me if setting my smtp server up like this is going to make it an open-relay?)