I use this box for:
- watching DVDs,
- getting/renaming/browsing pictures and videos from the digital camera,
- burning (and browsing again
) pictures and videos on CD-R,
- watching TV (not very usefull, as it is plugged to a real TV).
Intended further use:
- rotate pictures and videos,
- record TV,
- burn (for later viewing) recorded TV programs,
- receive and send faxes,
- receive and send e-mail (SMTP, IMAP).
I know my way in Linux, and making this VIA stuff work was VERY FAR from easy. See:
LINUX (in English) > Hardware.