script + multiple terminals
I'm looking for a way to start 4 terminals, that each tail -f a specific log file? Is there any way to write a script, that will do this?
xterm tail -f /log/1.log
xterm tail -f /log/2.log
Thanks in advance.
That could be rather usefull,
I wish I could help.
sorry...just a newb.
You're so close to the answer, that I'm not sure this is the answer you want...
That works.. must have missed the -e option in man pages. Thanks.
Btw, how is that ITX board working out for you? What do you use it for (ftp, stream/video server, video player ect?). Is it sufficient to run divx/xvid codecs? And how is hw compatibility. I'm thinking about getting a itx board, because of the passive cooling - no noise.
I use this box for:
- watching DVDs,
- getting/renaming/browsing pictures and videos from the digital camera,
- burning (and browsing again :) ) pictures and videos on CD-R,
- watching TV (not very usefull, as it is plugged to a real TV).
Intended further use:
- rotate pictures and videos,
- record TV,
- burn (for later viewing) recorded TV programs,
- receive and send faxes,
- receive and send e-mail (SMTP, IMAP).
I know my way in Linux, and making this VIA stuff work was VERY FAR from easy. See:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/yves.gablin/ LINUX (in English) > Hardware.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.|