LinuxQuestions.org
View the Most Wanted LQ Wiki articles.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
w00ly
Member
 
Registered: Aug 2009
Posts: 31

Rep: Reputation: 15
rTorrent wont download


I'm using rtorrent and have several torrents successfully downloaded with it. However I have one torrent that doesn't want to start downloading. At first it said
Code:
Could not create directory "./torrentdirectory" File not found
(or something to that effect). So I removed the torrent from rtorrent and tried to load it again after manually creating then chmod 777 the directory. Now it says
Code:
Could not open file "./torrentdirectory/torrentfile.avi" No such file or directory
I've tried searching on google and could only find a few posts about the problem, and those all appear to have tried chmod 777 but with no luck either

edit: weird, so I just nano torrentfile.avi, wrote the blank text, then chmod 777 and it started right up. So I guess this is solved lol

edit2: err the file started downloading but then rtorrent crashed > I'll try running it without screen this time so I can see why it crashed

edit3: well I restarted rtorrent and reloaded the file and after a hash check and being only 30% done it went ahead and finished the other 70%. I installed utorrent though aptitude but it didn't have put a ~/.rtorrent.rc file and rtorrent mentions this on startup. Could this be the reason for the issue?

Last edited by w00ly; 09-04-2010 at 01:21 PM.
 
Old 09-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
reg.doug
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2009
Location: Very far north
Distribution: openSuSE, Arch
Posts: 14

Rep: Reputation: 0
Here's an easy way to check: Make one.

In this article I found the following:

Quote:
In Ubuntu, the sample rtorrent configuration file is hiding at /usr/share/doc/rtorrent/examples/rtorrent.rc. Copy one for your own perusal, and give it the proper hidden file prefix.

cp /usr/share/doc/rtorrent/examples/rtorrent.rc ~/.rtorrent.rc

Edit, 2010-05-07: Please remember that this post was written a few years ago, and the configuration file for the current, vanilla rtorrent may be different from what you see here. K.Mandla
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rtorrent keyboard commands unresponsive when starting rtorrent in detached screen MheAd Linux - Software 1 09-05-2010 07:00 AM
multiplexed download targets in rtorrent poopship21 Linux - Software 1 05-25-2009 06:58 AM
Rtorrent Upload/Download throttle KOTAPAKA Linux - Networking 0 03-01-2008 03:19 PM
2 probs, apt-get wont download anything. blackbox wont install minibootsy Linux - Software 2 06-10-2004 01:55 AM
Konqueror wont download download TAR,ZIP file but preview Velocide Linux - Newbie 0 03-22-2004 06:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration