Fordy, this is lacking a lot of important information. No one is going to be able to help (despite the fact that all of us would like to) until you tell us:
1. What version of Red Hat?
2. What type of Install?
3. What else is on the drive? Windows?
4. What kind of computer? Motherboard, CPU, memory
5. What boot loader are you using?
6. What research have you done on this?
While you are gathering this information, look these over:
1. The Red Hat documentation that says a loopback interface is a local IP check:
2. The Red Hat HOWTO on configuring your loopback interface:
3. The Red Hat Bugzilla bug report. Pay particular attention to comments 9, 10, 16 & 17.
Get back to us