Unreal Tournament has a special installer that lets you install the Windows version of the software under Linux.
Quake linux is using a graphical installer. The .x86.run files are meant to be executed .
If you have the retail CD-ROM of Quake III Arena for Windows:
-Download the Point Release
- run the Point Release installer first
- now you need to copy the main pak files from the CD-ROM or from your win32 partition. Namely, you need to copy baseq3/pak0.pk3 and for Team Arena, missionpack/pak0.pk3 see below for more instructions on how to copy the files:
WARNING: Those instructions are provided as a reference, depending on your distribution the CD-ROM might not have the same mount point. Please refer to your linux documentation for additional information.
- open a root shell and cd to the default installation path:
- mount the Quake III Arena CD-ROM and install the game content
cp /mnt/cdrom/Quake3/baseq3/pak0.pk3 /usr/local/games/quake3/baseq3
- optionally, mount the Quake III: Team Arena CD-ROM
cp /mnt/cdrom/Setup/missionpack/pak0.pk3 /usr/local/games/quake3/missionpack